Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Pattern Work- Burn Your Wings

(Click to enlarge)
To create this piece I started with the background, which is composed of an image traced photo of a dragonfly created into a pattern. This pattern was placed on a black square with an 'old paper' effect overlaid over it. With the background in place, I image traced the same dragonfly in a different way to create variety, enlarged this particular dragonfly instead of making it into a pattern, and placed it in the foreground. I placed a multitude of different patterns upon the dragonfly to create variety within its structure and shape. With the dragonfly completed, I then copied and pasted the very same object and applied the 'motion blur' effect to it, which I then placed over the previous dragonfly to create the illusion of flapping wings. From here I crated two sort of towering, pointing shapes in the background with a pattern placed on it that gives it the illusion of being forged from stone. These towering structures point towards the focal point of the page, that will be explained momentarily. To create the back-set of the focal point, I used the blend tool on two triangles, the center most being white and the outermost being a dark shade of grey. I overplayed over this triangular shape a pattern that makes it appear textured and grainy. I then created the focal point: the big words "Burn Your Wings". I used the text tool to create this, as well as an inner glow to give it depth. To fulfill the requirements I overlaid several patterns over each word, using different patterns for each to create variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment